Volunteer with us!
The Odenton Heritage Society’s activities and events would not be possible without the help of volunteers willing to step in and fill a need. Volunteers who desire to donate time, talent, and resources to the varied projects at OHS are vital to our success. At OHS we count success as buildings saved from the wrecking ball, personal histories recorded, and museum size. The commitment shown by the OHS volunteers has raised interest in the historical side of our community.
A variety of participation opportunities are available including:
- Buildings and Grounds: Maintain the Society’s historical buildings and grounds
- Community Outreach: Develop events and programs with other local groups
- Cemeteries: Identify and record family burial plots
- Fundraising: Help raise funds for society events and programs
- Grants: Help write applications for grant funds; oversee grant awards
- Historian: Help research artifacts, documents, and family histories
- Membership: Solicit new members and develop membership campaigns
- Museum: Seek artifacts, develop displays, maintain object records, plan special events
- Old Homes: Research, photograph, and interview residents of area homes
- Oral History: Interview long-time residents and prepare videos and transcripts
- Publicity: Help write news releases and develop mailings to reach new audiences
- Publications: Help prepare newsletters and other publications
If you’re interested in volunteering or joining, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to having your join our team!